OnePlus 8 series (OnePlus 8, OnePlus 8 Pro, OnePlus 8T) ColorOS 12 public beta recruitment has opened for registration.
Here’s what the official announcement says:
The public beta recruitment of ColorOS 12 is here! Interesting cheers, come and come, here you can experience ColorOS 12 based on Android 12, and also provide valuable opinions for the development and construction of ColorOS 12, looking forward to your joining!
A special reminder
Important: This time, we are recruiting for the public beta of ColorOS 12 upgrade. To avoid data loss during the upgrade process, please make sure to back up your data before upgrading!
Important: The upgrade method is directly pushed by the system. After successful registration and approval, you will receive push notifications one after another. Before registering, be sure to check the known issues below to confirm that you can accept the potential risks of the public beta version before registering.
2. Known Issues
Note: There are the following known issues in upgrading the public beta version, please read carefully and consider signing up.
1. The fast charging icon is not displayed when using wireless fast charging, and the wireless fast charging function can be used normally (OnePlus 8 Pro only)
2. Use of non-original chargers may cause intermittent charging
3. Probabilistic face unlock failure
4. The calendar plugin added to the desktop is elongated
5. After entering the password on the lock screen to unlock, you need to click the small arrow to the right of the password input box to enter the desktop
3. Application Conditions
1. Hold OnePlus 8 & OnePlus 8 Pro models;
2. Like to experience various functions of mobile phones, and willing to try and upgrade;
3. Be able to accept the instability and incompatibility of the test version;
4. Use the mobile phone for more than 30 hours per week;
5. Those who have experience in evaluation and ROM internal testing or developers are preferred;
6. Have a positive attitude, optimistic and cheerful, seeking common ground while reserving differences;
7. Perform well on platforms such as the community, and have no violations.
4. Application Instructions
1. Since this public beta version is still in the development stage, there are certain potential risks in system stability and poor experience. The version may have some bugs, abnormal power consumption and other issues. If you pursue long-term stable use of your mobile phone, please sign up with caution.
2. Please back up important personal data in advance before upgrading to avoid data loss due to incompatibility or other situations after upgrading.
3. There are still many commonly used third-party applications that are not compatible with Android 12. Therefore, after the upgrade, there may be situations where third-party applications cannot be used normally (such as flashback, freeze, black screen, power consumption, etc.). Try updating the app to the latest version.
5. Registration method
1. Please make sure that the phone version has been upgraded to the basic version (version number viewing method: Settings > About phone > Version information > Version number)
OnePlus 8: Hydrogen OS 18.104.22.168.IN21
OnePlus 8 Pro: Hydrogen OS 22.214.171.124.IN11
2. Fill out the questionnaire.
6. Review process
1. Recruiting models: OnePlus 8, OnePlus 8 Pro
2. Recruitment time: January 16th – January 17th 15:00
3. Recruitment conditions: Screening will be comprehensively considered based on the answers to the questionnaires and the performance of the community and other platforms.
4. Review and version push time: The review will be completed within 5 working days after the reservation application; the version will be pushed in batches within 3 working days after the review is completed.