Nintendo has released update 1.1.1 of Splatoon 3 which includes a series of changes, also related to the tricolor attacks. The update affects many sections of the game. It is then confirmed that the next update will be related to game balance and other problems not yet resolved.
Let’s first look at the changes to the Splatoon 3 Festival with update 1.1.1:
The frequency of tricolor attacks has been changed. From the point of view of the defending team, there will be fewer tricolor attacks than previously.
Here are the changes to the commands :
- Fixed an issue where it was possible to jump farther than intended with a spinner using certain commands while charging a wheelbase.
- Fixed issues that occurred when playing for a long time without closing the software: for example, the player’s main weapon was not firing properly.
- Fixed an issue where the player could move across the surface of the water or stand on it while moving quickly, such as dodging with reporter Duplo.
The changes to multiplayer games are instead:
- Fixed a connection issue that occurred frequently at the end of matches due to the connection environment.
- Note added 09/16: Following this update, information such as your rank and rank points that appear in the lobby immediately after a game ends may not update and still be pre-game information. However, they will update if you re-enter the lobby.
- Fixed an issue where the collision detection of the third and fourth hit of the same tank ink discharge was dramatically reduced.
- Fixed an issue where money and experience were not awarded in some circumstances when a match ended due to a lack of players.
- Fixed an issue where, in some modes, a player could not cancel the search for players when not enough of them were found. The search
- for players will now be automatically canceled after a certain amount of time.
- Fixed an issue in the Pinnenere Shipyard where it was possible to access the back of some drawbridge.
Regarding Salmon Run from Splatoon 3:
- Fixed a connection issue that occurred frequently at the end of work shifts due to the connection environment.
- Fixed an issue with Fangnoids eruptions where the Fangusids were not moving as expected.
- Fixed an issue where some players with the same title were treated as “rank helpers” and did not get rank points.
- Fixed an issue where the game would suddenly stop if the player kept damaging an ink-dipped Boccalone with certain special weapons.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in players being trapped in the terrain of the scenario.
- Fixed an issue where, at the end of a match, the number of points earned Ursus was shown was less than that added to the player’s save data, thus making it impossible to earn rewards.
- Fixed an issue where messages at the start of Wave 3 could change depending on whether or not a Salmonarch appeared.
Switching to Story mode instead:
- Fixed a communication issue that occurred during a specific scene after completing the final scenario and causing the player to return to the square.
- Now you can see the cutscene again after completing the final scenario.
- Should the problem still occur, the final scenario will be considered completed and can be skipped by accessing the pause menu when trying to replay it.
We close with the remaining changes, not categorized:
- Fixed an issue where the game would suddenly freeze on the first launch of the software and would not continue beyond the black screen after the moment the yellow and blue ink mix.
- Fixed an issue where the game would not continue when downloading a replay.
- Fixed an issue where the game would crash suddenly when trying to join a friend while the calendar was updating.
- Fixed a rare issue where the game suddenly crashed while the player was visiting a shop.
- Fixed a communication issue that occurred while the player was trading items in a shop.
- Fixed a connection issue that occurred when purchasing a weapon. The weapon appeared to be equipped by the player even though it could not be purchased, thus causing a connection issue when the player tried to join a match.