I hope you are well aware of using the CarPlay, remember it works with all kinds of apps and luckily you can set which apps from your iPhone are visible on the screen of your car radio.
How do I set up and rearrange CarPlay apps?
CarPlay has some standard apps available, but there are also third-party apps that work with CarPlay. The CarPlay versions of these apps are automatically placed on the screen of your car radio, but you can also select them yourself. You do this as follows:
- Just go to the setting option on your iPhone.
- Go to General and choose CarPlay.
- Select the car for which you use CarPlay.
- Tap Customize to add, remove, or rearrange apps.
- On the next screen, you can see which apps are currently displayed on your CarPlay screen. Tap the red minus to remove an app and the green plus to add them.
To change the order, hold down your finger on the three bars on the right and drag them to the correct position.
How do I turn notifications for CarPlay on and off?
Only a few apps can show notifications in CarPlay. This is possible with the standard CarPlay apps, but the Reminders app can also show a notification on your CarPlay radio. If a notification from Reminders appears, you can immediately mark it as completed.
To set up the notifications, do the following:
- Go to Settings.
- Tap Notifications.
- Select an app whose notification you want to show or not.
- Turn the switch on Show in CarPlay on or off.