OnePlus has rolled out a new software update to its OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro smartphone users. The latest update brings Android 11 public beta (H2OS) for OnePlus 8/8 Pro first edition. You can check the full changelog and download the update from the link given below.
OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro Changelog:
- Renewed UI visual design, multiple details optimization bring a more comfortable viewing experience.
- New weather page effects, dynamically switch background effects with sunrise and sunset, bringing more immersive experience.
- Optimize the display of the brightness bar in the status bar, pull down the shortcut to quickly adjust.
- Added game mode toolbox, which supports various shortcut operations such as opening e-sports mode, actively invoking WeChat and QQ small window mode (in-game mode, you can quickly open it by pulling down on the left and upper right corners of the screen).
- Added the function of preventing accidental touches in the notification bar in game mode. After opening, you need to pull down and click on the top to pop up the notification bar.
Information Screen Display
- Added the function of constant light display of the information screen, which can be selected as scheduled/open all day (setting path: Settings-Display-Constant light display of the information screen).
- Added 10 new clock styles (setting path: Settings-Personalization-Clock style).
- Added a custom style for the “Time” screen display, which was jointly designed with students of Parsons School of Design and changed based on the data of the mobile phone usage time (setting path: Settings-Personalization-Clock Style).
- Added a shortcut switch for dark mode, which can be opened by pulling down the shortcut setting.
- The dark mode supports the setting of automatic opening and time period (setting path: setting-display-dark mode-automatic opening-according to sunset and sunrise/custom time opening).
- Added five new themes (ocean, space, grassland, etc.), and provide multiple duration options.
- Added support for multi-person meditation mode, you can invite friends to meditation together .
- Intelligent one-week review function, which can intelligently generate videos according to the material situation to keep good memories.
From the stable version of OnePlus 8 /8 Pro to Android 11 OBT1 (Hydrogen OS 11) version tutorial:
- Before upgrading the mobile phone system, it is recommended to use OnePlus Moving to backup mobile phone data. If you use OnePlus Moving to back up data, the recommended operation path is:
- a. Select OnePlus Moving -> Backup and Restore -> New Backup -> Backup Complete;
- b. Connect the phone to the computer -> Enter the phone folder -> Internal storage space -> Copy the opbackup folder -> Copy and save the folder to a computer or other storage device;
- c. After successfully flashing back to the stable version, copy the opbackup folder back to the phone root directory -> OnePlus Move -> Backup and Restore -> Restore the backup.
- Download the latest ROM upgrade compressed package from the designated server
- Copy the ROM upgrade compressed package to the phone storage
- Settings -> System upgrade -> Gear icon in the upper right corner -> Local upgrade -> Click the corresponding installation package -> Upgrade now -> System upgrade completed to 100%
- Select Restart
- After restarting, successfully upgrade the Android 11 OBT1 (Hydrogen OS 11) version