OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro are Android-based smartphones manufactured by OnePlus, unveiled on April 14, 2020. They became available for purchase in the United States on April 29, 2020. Now the company has distributed the OxygenOS Open Beta 4 for the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro smartphone users.
The latest OxygenOS update bumps with Android security patch level on both smartphones to November 2020. This update fixed some bugs, optimizations for system power consumption, call stability, and user experience of apps in split-screen mode. You can check the changelog below.
OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro OxygenOS Open Beta 4 with November 2020 patch update:
- Optimize the stability of the call
- Optimized system power consumption
- Optimized some UI display with Alarms
- Optimized the user experience with a split-screen of apps
- Fixed the issue that gaming frame rate decreased when pulling down the status bar
- Fixed the issue that NFC cannot be turned on in a small probability
- Fixed the issue that Play Store could not install the app
- Fixed the lagging issue with the MX player
- Updated Android security patch to 2020.11
- Fixed the low probability automatic disconnection issue with Wi-Fi
- If you have already flashed an Open Beta (you are currently running the latest Open Beta), you will receive this new build as an OTA.
- If you are not running open beta software and would like to, please refer to the flashing instructions and the full ROM on the downloads page here.
- Once you migrate to the Beta path, you will continue to receive Open Beta OTAs. You will no longer receive the regular Official Stable OTAs.
- Moving back to the Official OTA path from the Beta path will require a full install and clean flash (full wipe of all data and cache).
If you want to check and download the latest update so follow these steps:
Tap on the smartphone Settings > System > Software update > Check for Updates Download!