OnePlus has started pushing out the third update of the beta foam that noted as OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 3 for OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro smartphone users. The latest software update brings some system improvements, optimizations in Ambient display, and bug fixes in the Zen mode, and more.
The latest October 2020 update changelog indicated system improvements including UI smoothness of Call, system stability, and optimization in background process management to improve sandy-by performance. Some bugs regarding games and general issues are also fixed in the system.
In this third beta update, OnePlus has fixed the low probability issue that the system settings interface stopped running when we turn on the Zen Mode. Check the full changelog below as well as the download link.
Global Users OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro:
OnePlus 8 Pro OxygenOS 11 Open Beta update Download Link
Indian Users OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro:
OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro changelog:
- Optimized the UI smoothness of Call
- Optimized background process management mechanism to improve sandy-by performance
- Fixed the issue that text was blocked in some games
- Optimized the issue that input text was blocked in some games
- Improved system stability and fixed general issues
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2020.10
- Optimized the animation effect with Canvas, making the unlock experience smoother
- Canvas now supports Always-on ambient display(Settings-Ambient Display-Always-on ambient display-Choose “All day” ）
- Fixed the low probability issue that the system settings interface stopped running when Zen Mode turned on
- If you have already flashed an Open Beta (you are currently running the latest Open Beta), you will receive this new build as an OTA.
- If you are not running open beta software and would like to, please refer to the flashing instructions and the full ROM on the downloads page here.
- Once you migrate to the Beta path, you will continue to receive Open Beta OTAs. You will no longer receive the regular Official Stable OTAs.
- Moving back to the Official OTA path from the Beta path will require a full install and clean flash (full wipe of all data and cache).
Please note that before upgrading to the latest version make sure your smartphone is connected with a proper internet connection, we recommend you to download it over WIFI so that you will not face any error.