A few months ago Huawei has talked about its latest HarmonyOS 2.0 (Hongmeng OS 2.0) and now the company has launched its latest beta 2.0 program in the mid of December 2020. Also, the company has indicated that HarmonyOS 2.0 beta update currently available for its selected devices which is namely Huawei P40, P40 Pro, Mate 30, Mate 30 Pro, and MatePad Pro users. Now as per the report the company has started rolling out the first HarmonyOS 2.0 mobile developer beta to the Huawei P40 and Mate 30 devices.
The latest HarmonyOS 2.0 (Hongmeng OS 2.0) mobile developer beta update comes with version number 220.127.116.11 (SP2DEVC00E2R5P90) and the package size is 4.04GB. According to the screenshot below, there is not much changelog but in the future, we will see more changes like the regular updates.
During the launch event of the HarmonyOS 2.0 mobile developer beta, Huawei has informed that it will expand the beta program to more devices in 2021.
HarmonyOS 2.0 Introduction: [Development]
Released in Dec 2020, HarmonyOS 2.0 (beta) is the new and improved version of the distributed OS, which aims to deliver a “Super Device” experience for a fully-connected world, in partnership with device vendors and application developers.
HarmonyOS 2.0 Features: [Development]
- Hardware collaboration & resource sharing.
- One-time development for multi-device deployment.
- Privacy and Security.
Beta Functions for Smartphones:
The HarmonyOS beta version provides the functions listed below for application development on smartphones. For details, see Smartphones.
- More than 50 new UI components for developing HarmonyOS applications on smartphones, offering consistent UI interaction experience across devices.
- HarmonyOS application framework applicable to smartphones, enabling fast migration, connection, transferring, and installation-free loading of HarmonyOS applications across various devices.
- Development and compilation toolchain available for the Windows and macOS platforms, helping you quickly develop HarmonyOS applications.
- More than 40 sets of sample code for your reference in developing smartphone applications so that you can quickly understand how to use HarmonyOS APIs.
- Distributed capability APIs (such as multi-modal awareness) to detect multiple mobility states.
- Standardized input method framework and capabilities for you to develop multiple input methods and functions.
- Standardized telephony system capabilities.
- Comprehensive accessibility development framework for you to easily develop accessibility applications.
- Standardized distributed data management capabilities to synchronize data between devices in real-time via distributed DB APIs.
- Enhanced account system capabilities to cover devices without accounts in the HarmonyOS distributed system.