Apple has recently rolled out the stable version of iOS 14 and watchOS 7 which brings several new enhancement in users interface (UI), new widgets layout, new watch faces in watchOS and also fixed known issues found while testing the beta version. Now, Apple officially pushed the iOS 14.0.1 and watchO 7.0.1 update. Users are now able to update their devices with the latest update and it includes some features and fixes some bugs.
watchOS 7.0.1 contains improvements and bug fixes. This includes fixing the issue of some payment cards being disabled in the “wallet” of some users. It is recommended to update as soon as possible.
iOS 14.0.1 Changelog:
- Fixed an issue that could cause the default browser and mail settings to be restored after the iPhone restarts.
- Solved an issue that could cause the camera preview to not be displayed on iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
- Fixed an issue that may cause iPhone to fail to connect to wireless LAN.
- Resolved an issue that could prevent sending emails through some email providers.
- Solved an issue that could cause images in the “News” widget to not be displayed.
iOS 14 Features:
- Fixed conversation in “Messages” application
- Mentions in the “Info” app
- Change the default email app and browser
- Emoji search
- Bicycle routes in Apple Maps
- Apple Maps supports EV navigation planning
- Brand new translation app
- HomeKit enhancements: face recognition, active area, adaptive lighting
- CarPlay wallpaper
- New CarPlay application types: parking, fast-food ordering
- AirPods Pro spatial audio
- Automatic switching between AirPods and AirPods Pro
- Application editing, quick access to application functions without downloading the complete application
- New privacy features
- Fuzzy location sharing
watchOS 7 Features:
New faces to make your own: From fun to functional, there is a wide variety of new watch faces to try. And there are more ways of customizing faces with colors and complications than ever before.
Face Sharing: Share faces you’ve created by texting, emailing or posting a link online.
Sleep App: Sleep is one of the most important aspects of your health, but also one of the least understood. Tracking is a good start, but the new Sleep app goes further. It helps you create a schedule and a bedtime routine so you can meet your sleep goals.
Fitness: Four new workouts give you an exercise partner with even more flexibility. And the Activity app on iPhone has been redesigned and renamed Fitness.
Cycling in Maps: Your watch already taps you on the wrist when it’s time to turn, making it great for cycling. Now Maps has directions just for cyclists.
Handwashing: Keeping your hands clean has never been more important. With watchOS 7, Apple Watch automatically detects when you begin washing and helps you keep going for the amount of time recommended by global health organizations.
Siri Updates: Siri is fundamental to the Apple Watch experience. You can do almost anything on your watch hands-free, just by asking. Now Siri can do even more, faster.
Hearing Health: To help protect your hearing, watchOS 6 introduced the Noise app. Now we’re giving you more ways to keep your hearing safe as well as more control over how you listen.